Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Concrete Oil Stain Removers

When we moved into our first house, I decided to tackle coating the garage floor.  Unfortunately, the previous owners and I had vehicles leaking oil that had already stained the cement.  Many small oil spots and a few large oil spills littered the garage floor.

I tried three different oil-stain removers:
  1. Pour'N'Restore
  2. Pull It Out 
  3. Rejuvenate Concrete and Paver Stain Remover
Effectiveness - I found no discernible difference in the effectiveness of the three products.  Below is a side-by-side before-and-after comparison of Rejuvenate and Pull-It-Out on a large gear oil stain on the garage floor.


Concrete Stain Removers - Before and After Photos
Concrete Stain Removers - Before and After Photos

Application - All three products simply pour from the bottle onto the stain.  However, the Rejuvenate product tends to separate into liquid and a very dense mud.  I found it quite time consuming to mix the Rejuvenate.  Shaking was not enough to mix it and the small opening made stirring difficult.

Clean-up - Pull It Out was the easiest to clean-up, followed by Pour'N'Restore and finally the Rejuvenate.

Conclusion - My recommendation is to use the cheaper of Pull-It-Out or Pour'N'Restore.  The best deal I found was for a large bottle of Pour'N'Restore at Amazon. 

1 comment:

  1. My 993 has left some nasty stains on the garage floor. Thank you for the product review Will.

    ReplyDelete