Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A "Cheap" Suspension Fix

As long as I've owned the car, there's been a metal-on-metal banging sound that sounded as though it was coming from the passenger-side rear suspension.  At first it seemed random, but I eventually discovered that anytime I unloaded the right side suspension, you would hear it.

I checked under the car and the engine bay and couldn't find anything loose or any sign of metal-on-metal contact.  We pulled most of the rear suspension while changing the springs and again, no sign of anything amiss.  But the noise persisted, so I resigned myself to having the mechanic find it.

And he did...buried beneath the passenger seat and wedged under the carpet, he found this.


I am trying to view the $55 it cost me to find it (I believe it really did take the mechanics $55 worth of time) as an inexpensive suspension repair rather than a very expensive piece of trash.

2 comments:

  1. I found a can under the passenger seat of my Carrera last week! Has got to be as old as the car! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this mystery woman?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete