Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ella's Red Under Where?

Ever since I've learned about powder coating metal, I've been keen to give it a try.  While working on my lowering spring install, I noticed that a metal panel under the car had a few rust spots.  Actually, Porsche spot-welded some washers onto the panel, which were rusting; the main panel was fine.  


I took the panels over to my new friends at Ace Powder Coating, and they offered me a nice price on powder coating the metal panels as well as the top and bottom hats of the of the front strut.  I figured these were great places to try out powder coating since no one would ever see it.  


 Here are the parts back from the powder coating.  I should have taken a before shot, but they were just black painted metal.  




And a shot of the metal trays installed.  Ella's now got a little surprise waiting underneath.  ;-)

















"I could hide out under there...
I just made you say "underwear."

from Pinch Me by the Barenaked Ladies

I've loved that lyric for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment