Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wheel Refinishing

Wheels have been Ella's weakest link ever since I purchased her.  The original equipment 17" wheels were, in my opinion, too small for the 993's wheel arches and their finish was also in poor shape.  Almost immediately, I began searching for replacements.  In January 2013, I bought a used set off eBay.  While the size and style were perfect, the wheels were beat-up.

Click past the break to see the before and after photos.



Pitting and damage on the outer lip.


Stained and cracked paint.

A bad case of curb rash.
After refinishing, the wheels are nearly flawless!  While not a steal, the purchase + refinishing cost was reasonable.  It is incredible what the wheel repair guys can accomplish.

Flawless new finish!

The outer lip is perfect!  I can't even find the spot for the curb rash to do a before/after photo.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the wheels. I changed my Cups for 996 turbo twists they look much better but also need some work.

    ReplyDelete