Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bilstein HD + H&R Spring Install

More than a year after completing the install, I have revisited the result.  Suffice it to say, I'm not very happy with my first attempt at suspension modifications and will try again.  Read more about it here.  (13-April-2014).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As usual, I'm behind on the blog.  My "Porsche" time has been entirely consumed in my next project -- replacing the stock springs with a set of H&R Sport Springs.  Ella's been up on jack stands the last three weeks.  I think she looks kind of funny "floating" in the garage.  With just a bit of Photoshop magic to remove the jack stands...


There is a lot of information already available on the web for this install (search rennlist.com and visit http://p-car.com/diy/sus/), so I won't repeat it here.  I do have a few additional thoughts though:
Use a 7/8" oxygen sensor socket to remove the 22mm nut on the top of the front struts on a Porsche 993.
7/8" Oxygen Sensor Socket as a 22mm Strut Nut Socket
  1. The nut on top of the front struts was 22mm, not 21mm, for me.  I've read a few other places where people encountered this.  A very helpful employee at Pep Boys suggested that a 7/8" oxygen sensor socket should work just like the spark plug socket, and she was right. 
  2. Rear lower control arm boots were cracked. I have dedicated a separate post to the specific topic. Visit it here:  http://twofourthsfull.blogspot.com/2013/03/rear-control-arm-rubber-bootgasket.html






No comments:

Post a Comment