Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ella's 5-year PIP (Porsche Improvement Plan ;-))

My back log of projects is nearly complete, so I started day dreaming of where to go next.  Based off a list I put together a while back, here's my "plan" for the next five years.  The only thing that is certain is that this project that won't go according to plan.  Have suggestions; please leave them in the comments below.

Year 1:


Year 2:

  • Repair and powder-coat wheels
  • Drill filter cover like in the Motor Sound Package
  • Install FDM's short shift kit
  • Install FDM's RS Goldenrod
  • Install an exhaust system upgrade.  Either FDM Stage II or refreshing and re-finishing existing setup. (Maybe I should call year 2 "FDM Upgrades" ;-)).

Year 3: Front End Cosmetics

  • Re-spray front-end for rock chips -- it looks like the car followed around a dump truck for a few thousand miles.
  • Install clear-bra (so I don't have to do this again -- maybe depending on $ vs. re-spray)
  • Install RS front splitter
  • Delete bumperettes (since I'm respraying the front bumper anyways)
  • Install clear turn signals

Year 4/5:  Engine Overhaul 

  • Perform necessary maintenance as Ella reaches her first 100k miles.  I know there are a few small oil leaks I'd like to clean up
  • Upgrade to billet valve covers
  • Install reinforced engine carrier
  • Install RS engine mounts

No comments:

Post a Comment