Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Porsche 993 Motor Mount Replacement

Sagging Porsche 993 motor mount.
Worn Porsche 993 C2 Motor Mount
Having read that motor mounts often wear out on the 993's, I decided to check into mine.  Here's the before photo. I think this shows the mounts clearly sagging, although I'm not sure because I've never seen a set of new 993 motor mounts.

The 993 C2 motor mounts were rather expensive, so I decided to go with the C4 mounts that were quite reasonably priced from Pelican.  For the removal, I followed the excellent write-up at pcarworkshop.com.

Some people have reported big improvements from this replacement, but to be honest I did not noticed much of a difference.  Maybe mine weren't really in bad shape or maybe I'm just not that aware.

Finally, I would like to give a big thanks to a couple friends who helped out with this little project.  It was a lot of fun!  Crazy to think we had the engine disconnected from the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment