Tuesday, January 15, 2013

About This Blog

Why the strange name?

Just after buying Ella, I looked down and noticed that the gas gauge had denoted "half-full" as "2/4".  This both amused and appealed to me.  For some reason, I felt a connection to the Porsche engineers who chose those markings.  

I could have gone with four-fourths full for the blog name, but to be honest I am a little apprehensive about this experience.  Those who know me well, know that I don't often make big purchases (I like to think of myself as thrifty :-)).  But there's really nothing thrifty about buying and maintaining an older Porsche.  As it's our third car, I can't even justify some of its cost as my transportation.  

Why have this blog?

It's about the only free thing you can do with your Porsche ;-).  No, seriously, this blog is really just a journal of our journey with Ella.  We made it public in case there's anything that might be useful to anyone else.  There are several great websites for 993's that far exceed the depth that this one will ever attain.  I've already found www.pcarworkshop.comhttp://www.jackals-forge.com/ and http://www.p-car.com/ incredibly useful.  The forum posts on Pelican Parts and Rennlist are fantastic resources too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment