Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My First Porsche Repair

For my first repair, I wanted to start simple.  I noticed that the outer layer on a wire in the engine bay had worn through.  I do not know if this was the original routing, but I am suspicious because the wire had to bend quite sharply as it was installed.   The image at right shows the bend, and the image below the damage to the wire.

For a very simple repair, I disconnected one end of the wire and applied a section of heat shrink tubing.  I re-installed the wire holder at a different angle to give the wire a more relaxed bend.  As I was finishing up and feel quite satisfied, I dropped the Philips screwdriver socket head into the engine bay!  You would have thought it would be sitting right there, but after 30min of searching with fingers, a flashlight, curse words, and magnetic grabber, I still couldn't find it.  Hopefully is lying on the side of the road somewhere by now...













No comments:

Post a Comment